- 30 mg. elemental Zn from arginate
- 200 mg. phytosterols
- Supports prostate health*
- Supports immunity, healing, and taste*
- Supports bone health and tissue integrity*
- Important cellular antioxidant
(as part of ZN-SOD)
Zinc, Boring? Oh no! It could be the single most important mineral for life.
- Zinc is required for production of hormones needed for normal growth, development, maturation, reproduction and tissue integrity. You canít make new cells without it.
- Zinc stabilizes cell membranes, protecting them against oxidation. In that role, it is an anti-aging nutrient.
- Zinc potentiates the action of insulin, helping move sugar into cells. (So do chromium, vanadium, and manganese.)
- Zinc has been identified in several hundred enzymes and proteins. Zinc, as part of these enzymes, is critical to the metabolism of proteins, nucleic acids, lipids, mucopolysaccharides and carbohydrates.
So, without adequate zinc, critical enzyme systems begin to break down. Sense of taste becomes less acute (an early warning of deficiency) or disappears, damaged tissue heals more slowly or not at all, digestion falters, growth and development slow, and aging accelerates.
The USDA has been measuring the dietary intake of a number of important nutrients for several decades. Current estimates place more than one-third of the U.S. population at risk for zinc deficiency. If a supplement is needed for mature men, we recommend zinc arginate, a supplement that supplies two nutrients found abundantly in prostate tissue, zinc and arginine.